Monday, April 8, 2013

Power of Prayer: Something you may have never considered


The above picture of my son, DA, was taken while enroute to have his eye surgery. While it wasn't a major surgery it was surgery nonetheless. As you know, any surgery to a mother is MAJOR and obviously prayer was a top priority this day. Thankfully all went well and we haven't had a problem with the eye since - Praise the Lord!

Something I had never considered until the Lord revealed it to me many years ago is that pray goes hand in hand with blessings and curses.

Matthew 12:37 says, "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Matthew 26:39 says, " And he [Jesus] went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

While speaking with a friend one day who was in need of prayer over a family situation, I heard in the one breathe her saying all she could do was pray and trust God and in the next breathe she was speaking negatively about the situation. I brought this to her attention and encouraged her to be careful of her words because she was speaking things into exsistence. She really didn't seem to put much stock into what I was sharing with her but then the Lord revealed to me that you can't believe in prayer if you don't believe your words put things into motion in the spiritual realm. You see, in both of these verses we see that words have power and prayer is simply engaging in conversation with God with WORDS. So then, how can prayer be a staple of our spiritual diet but exercising caution of our words is missing?

I often find myself being guilty of this and mostly when I'm having a pity party but thankfully I am reminded of this revelation often. With revelation comes responsibility and for this reason I often wonder if the Lord showed me this connection more for myself than my friend.

I PRAY these scriptures have been an encouragement to you and this truth will be hidden in your heart and applied to your words daily!

Please feel free to leave a comment below about revelations you've had concerning prayer and the power of your words!

In Christ,
Created for this



No comments:

Post a Comment