Thursday, April 4, 2013

Work with me!

From time to time I will find myself saying to my toddler, "work with me, son!". This phrase is most commonly uttered when my toddler multitasks putting his legs into his pants and watching a morning episode of Blues Clues. All I want is for him to simply lift his foot and I will be glad to place his leg into the pants, but he is overwhelmed with laughter and his attention is stolen by this blue animated puppy. So it is at this point that I sigh wishing he would give me his attention and simply work with me - I'm not asking him to dress himself but help me so I can help him get dressed. Simple enough, right? Well, it certainly appears this way especially to a exhausted mother at 6am; therefore, I pose one last thought as I end my Bible study of Haggai.The Lord knew what the Jews were seeing with their physical eyes. He asked them who among them remembered the temple in its former days and he understood that when compared with ones physical eyes to it's current state that it must seem like nothing, but he says to the people and priests "Be strong, all you people of the land and work. For I am with you,’ declares the Lord Almighty. He promises that the temple will be even greater than before BECAUSE it will be filled with His glory!

I say all of this to say: as wives and mothers it is often easy to get caught up in doing good and miss that the Lord is repeatedly asking us to simply 'lift our foot' and he will be glad to place our leg where it belongs. Let us remember each day to give our attention over to the Lord and allow him to work in us that we may work for him, because we were created for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment